The Paper Earth Project is a fundraising initiative to drive the connection between artists and environmental organizations around the world. It represents the idea that creating and preserving beauty are the twins of human progress. Art has always been a way that we study, narrate, and reimagine the natural world. Starting with art collection ebooks and original art sales we add the imaginative pleasure and perspective of visual art to the journalism, science, and policy that shape our every day engagement with the environment and environmental causes.
We seek to use the uniquely thought-provoking communication of thousands of artists worldwide to raise awareness and funds for the critical diversity of environmental stewardship and problem-solving in the 21st century. Beginning online as a bridge between audiences and charities, we hope to become a massive community of artists, businesses, donors, causes, environmentalists, and concerned citizens through public membership, information sharing, collaborative art projects, and cross-promotion. While most of our effort will exist online, we hope to expand what we do into scholastic, exhibition, and community programming that marks an innovative front line for the connection between creation and conservation.
HOW WE START:
1. Every month we choose a new cause for environmental and wildlife conservation or resource innovation.
2. Through invitation and calls for entry, we collect artists tackling a relevant theme (e.g., trees, wildlife, the ocean, primates, etc.) through images and writing .
3. We organize their images, writing, notes, and studio pictures into a single PDF.
4. Through one-time purchase or monthly subscription, you can download the e-book.
5. You can find a running tally of donations to the cause on our CAUSES page.
HOW YOU CAN JOIN:
If you have any questions, would like to purchase the original of any image, or would like to join or expand the project, please contact Miles here.